RDAP Summit Registration Scholarship
- Registration for the 2019 Annual Summit
Scholarship recipients will be expected to:
- Attend the 2019 Annual Conference
- Write a short commentary article about their experience for the Journal of eScience Librarianship
RDAP Scholarship Evaluation Criteria:
- Open to current students (undergraduate or graduate) and early career professionals (3 years or less) in programs/positions that have a strong research focus on research data management and preservation/archiving.
- Preference will be given to applications from individuals from marginalized and underrepresented groups and those who are first-time RDAP attendees. Given the theme of the conference, Building Communities, we want to ensure that we are supporting a diverse array of identities that includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, ability, role or specialty, disciplinary approach, or research environment. Please tell us a bit about yourself in your personal statement.
Application should include:
- Current resume
- Students: a letter of recommendation from an instructor
- Early career professionals: a letter of recommendation from a supervisor/professional colleague
- A personal statement of 750 to 1000 words describing:
- A bit about yourself,
- The applicant’s work and the future impact of that work in the RDAP community.
- How attending the Summit will inform their scholarship or practice.
- Thoughts about how they plan continue to engage with the community.
Send applications to Kristin Lee at kristin.lee at tufts (dot) edu. Contact Kristin if you have any questions. Applications are due by April 15 and winners will be notified by April 22.